Provided below are the SleepSomatics patient directions for the ResMed ApneaLink Air Take-Home Sleep Apnea Test. This is a self-administered test. Please watch the ApneaLink Air user video and read all directions before beginning your test.
If you experience an emergency during your home sleep test, do not call or return to SleepSomatics. Please immediately call 911.
STEP 1: WATCH VIDEO
Important Note: The ResMed ApneaLink Air video shows usage of optional hospital tape with your home sleep test. Due to the number of unknown patient allergies, SleepSomatics does not provide optional hospital tape for unattended procedures self-administered in a patient's home. Our clinical staff would be unable to respond to unknown allergic reactions.
STEP 2: READ DIRECTIONS
For questions, read the ResMed ApneaLink Air manufacturer's instructions included in your kit. If you have misplaced your copy, click link here for online copy.
STEP 3: PERFORM SETUP
Setup the ResMed ApneaLink Air on your person on the outside of your sleep attire following the manufacturer's directions and video. For both male and female patients, we advise that there is no bare-chested or nude sleeping with the device. Please wear at least a t-shirt or pajama top and bottom to sleep with the device.
STEP 4: GO TO SLEEP
Sleep in a position that is most comfortable for you. If you are able to sleep supine (on your back), you may be encouraged to do so as sleep apnea and snoring tend to be more prominent when sleeping on your back. However, follow your physician or healthcare provider's directions (if any) regarding sleep position.
If you awaken at any point during the night to change sleep position or use the restroom, we recommend you reconfirm correct sensor placement with (3) green lights and troubleshoot as needed.
Please remove the ResMed ApneaLink Air from your person before smoking, eating, drinking, or bathing.
STEP 5: PACK AND RETURN TEST KIT TO SLEEPSOMATICS
After the test is over, pack all items back into the travel case (including the disposable nasal cannula) and return to SleepSomatics at the scheduled return date/time window. There is a $150.00 daily charge for devices not returned fully and operable. The replacement cost is $2,900.00 for broken, inoperable, damaged devices or those that are not returned in usable condition to SleepSomatics.
- Take-home sleep apnea testing is a screening tool and estimation of obstructive sleep apnea and snoring, oxygen saturation, and heart rate. Home sleep testing does not diagnose or treat any other sleep disorders. Home sleep testing does not measure or quantify neurological sleep, sleep continuity, or restorative sleep indices.
- For both male and female patients, we advise that there is no bare-chested or nude sleeping with the device. Please wear at least a t-shirt or pajama top and bottom to sleep with the device.
- This is an unattended procedure, so there is not a sleep technician monitoring your device usage during your at-home testing, nor does the device transmit wireless data to SleepSomatics for monitoring or technical assistance.
- Please remove the ResMed ApneaLink Air from your person before smoking, eating, drinking, or bathing.
- If you experience an emergency during your home sleep test, do not call or return to SleepSomatics. Please immediately call 911.
WHAT MY KIT CONTAINS:
- (1) Reusable ResMed ApneaLink Air
- (1) ResMed ApneaLink Air manufacturer's instructions (click link here for online copy)
- (1) pair of brand-new AAA batteries installed that are good for up to ten (10) hours of recording.
- Unopened, single-use, disposable nasal cannula.
INFORMATION ABOUT MY KIT:
- The device has been calibrated and confirmed operable as of your setup appointment.
- The device is programmed with your name, gender, and date of birth. That is the only personal information specific to you that has been programmed into the device by SleepSomatics.
- The device surface as been cleaned with a germicidal disinfectant and gentle soap.
- Your single-use, disposable nasal cannula is provided unopened for your sole use.